Monday, October 22, 2007

Tip/Trick

The tip or trick that helped me the most throughout this assignment lies under the conceptual umbrella. What I found integral to the creation of spaces was a clear concept. What I mean is that from the beginning I studied the articles and drew out a single idea which linked them together. This would then form the basis of all the work I did therein. Where this is useful is that it is extremely easy to get carried away in unreal and sketchup creating elaborate spaces merely for the sake of it. When you constantly have an idea behind your work it allows you to be far more refined and calculating with unreal as each space holds a symbolic meaning. This means you won't be as tempted to merely 'play around' with the architecture and will instead have something grounded to always refer back to.

No comments: